Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Cousin Tectonic Plate"

Ok, I laughed out loud when I read the few comments under this article about an earthquake that was centered about 15 minutes from my house.

Tomorrow is RPCC 's fourth Adult Worship Experience.
Set List:
1. Glorious One (Steve Fee)
2. Marvelous Light (Charlie Hall)
3. Mighty to Save (Hillsong) [Doing this as an acoustic response to the message]
4. Beautiful Jesus (Kristian Stanfil) [The version from the album 'Hello'... I think that's stronger than the one on Northpoint's album.]

I'm nervous about tomorrow for a few reasons:
1. I hope I remember the songs as we (the band) do them all from memory.
2. My band is full of players I've never played with before and our Monday rehearsal was without our drummer!
3. It is literally getting to financial 'crunch' time at RPCC. We need our regular givers to increase their giving this month or we may have to get creative on paying our bills.

It's good to be nervous because it reminds me of my dependence on God. It's Saturday night and I've prepped all I can... now God's part unfolds.  Hoping many people leave tomorrow with a passion to walk closer with their creator!

We start a new series tomorrow called 'Home for the Holidays'. I'm looking forward to hearing what God has been teaching John!

So do you think God is punishing Southern California with all these fires? Right now I think the count is about 700 homes destroyed!
-Sleepy time! 4:40am comes early!-

No comments: