Monday, January 18, 2010

"His Energy"

I've been camped in the book of Colossians lately. A verse I've been thinking a lot about is 1:29. "To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me."

All His energy.

What does that mean... what does that mean to you? I think it's a phrase that points out an important fact. It's a fact that some of us recognize and some not. When was the last time you sat in a quiet room with little to no ambient noise? What did you hear? If you're reading this, and I'm assuming alive, I know you heard at least two things. You heard your heart beating and your lungs breathing. Did you will that to happen? Nope. It's your creator who causes you lungs to fill with life giving oxygen and your heart to continually pump that oxygen rich blood through your body. That's "His energy"!

Be still and know that Christ is your energy. Start your day with that understanding. Take that first step out of bed and each following step acknowledging that God is with you and will never forsake you and longs to give you the desires of your heart as you serve Him. Knowing it's His energy I pray you'd have a heart for what God has a heart for... loving and serving those around you proactively and praying they end up asking you what the source of your energetic service originates.

No comments: