Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catalyst West Coast

Had a nice drive through Malibu and then the gazillions of people who call LA, Orange & Riverside County Home. At dusk I stopped at a Malibu beach for 15 minutes to think, pray, be still, eat a McDonald's Fruit N Yogurt Parfait, watched planes take off from LAX and saw the lights from the Ferris Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier. Now I'm chilling with my in-laws tonight and then an early start tomorrow. Heading to Mariners church in Irvine for www.catalystwestcoast.com. In being a poor church planter I can't afford these conferences... and our church can't afford to pay for these right now. So, I'm volunteering which means I get in free. I get the privilege of doing sound all day tomorrow in pre-conference seminars and then helping with sound for "The Before Part" hosted by Carlos Whittaker. Day two and three I'm a stage hand, aka 'grunt' from 6am-10pm. Expect to be exhausted at the end of the week but at the same time refreshed and encouraged by a great line up of leaders. The last 7 months has been a joy but no question a lot of hard work and this week will be some needed encouragement as I continue the journey.


I miss my family already... in fact, I missed them before I even left.

No comments: