Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heart Check: EKG

An electrocardiogram (EKG) is used in hospitals to monitor the health of your physical heart. What about the health of your emotional health? How do you know if it's healthy or not? A new friend of mine, Carry Nieuwhof, has an insightful posting on not only how to gauge your emotional heart but also offers ways to find your way back to health.

I spent about a year and a half during graduate school with an unhealthy stale heart. It's not a fun place to be and life is too short to spend any amount of time that way. Looking back I know that the way I moved out of that stage was through the connections I made with other people. Simply by building relationships. It order to see the world from a different place you need a bridge to walk to that different place. Being part of a small group and serving on a team was my bridge.

Read Carry's post.
How is your heart?
What was your 'bridge' back to a healthy heart?

No comments: